Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Monday Club - update with photos!

We came to this restaurant I forgot my camera and I was so bummed. We went back again earlier this week and enjoyed a fabulous meal sitting outside in Harvard Square. I came armed with my SLR and took lots of pics.

I love this place and I'm so glad I get to finally share some photos with you. Enjoy!

The Wine and Bread
La Dote wine

This Chilean wine was light and drinkable at a very reasonable price of $25 a bottle. Very enjoyable.

burrata and yellow watermelon

Burrata, yellow watermelon, radish, and pea shoot salad
The Burrata was smooth, creamy, and had that fresh, whole milk flavor. The watermelon's crisp sweetness paired well with the pickled radish, creamy burrata, and leafy pea shoots.
frisee salad
frisée salad with poached egg, bacon lardons, & toasted croutons.
Bryan has ordered this dish before (see previous post), and of course, it was wonderful.
Monday Club -salmon

Grilled Arctic Char with Pea Button Ravioli, Spring Onions, Chervil & Absinthe Butter
The fish was perfectly seared with a crispy skin while being moist and juicy on the inside. Vegetable were also perfectly roasted.
IMG_0867
Pulled pork with vegetable-filled ravioli and grilled water melon
Arghh . .I can't remember the name exactly and my own description sounds so pedestrian. Oh well . . you get the picture. It was absolutely delicious. The pulled pork was packed with flavor and balanced perfectly with the grilled, sweet watermelon. The raviolis were also unique, being filled with a dark green vegetable (maybe kale or something?) that I could not identify. Ohh, it was so good.
Monday Club - dessert

Dessert - raspberry tart
What a nice way to end a meal. This was tart, fruity, yet dense and cake-y at the same time. Perfect! (heh heh . . can you tell I also couldn't remember the name of this dessert exactly? Ahem . . .)

Anyway, this is a great place to enjoy great tasting food that is balanced, relatively healthy, and phenomenal! Find a nice summer day where you can sit outside. The restaurant faces a street where cars cannot drive, so it's quite enjoyable just to people watch while savoring great food and wine.


Upstairs On the Square
91 Winthrop St
Cambridge,MA 02138
 (617) 864-1933
Upstairs on the Square on Urbanspoon

For a more detailed review, please see my previous post.

6 comments :

  1. Great combination of items. I think I might try to duplicate this entire meal! Looks brilliant :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of items. I think I might try to duplicate this entire meal! Looks brilliant :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful photos, everything looks yummy, burrata cheese is something for me to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful photos, everything looks yummy, burrata cheese is something for me to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow $25 for a decent bottle of wine is REALLY good! The dishes all look so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow $25 for a decent bottle of wine is REALLY good! The dishes all look so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete