Saturday, May 4, 2013

Beautiful Vermont (King Arthur Flour Blog & Bake™)

NorwichVT
It's easy to get caught up in the busyness of everyday life. Work deadlines, household chores, and never-ending errands that pile up.

And then something crazy like the Boston Marathon bombings occur, and it puts everything into perspective.

I flew back to Boston on the day the city was on lockdown as the police tried to hunt down the remaining bomber. I remember feeling nervous, scared, and really uncertain about whether I wanted to travel again. You see, I was scheduled to take a bus up to Vermont to King Arthur Flour's annual Blog & Bake™ event- a unique 2-day "retreat" where bloggers get together and learn how to bake at King Arthur Flour's headquarters in Vermont.

But all I wanted to do was to hunker down in the (relative) safety of my own house. The raw fear of getting onto public transportation in the midst of all that uncertainty was quite real for me.

Thankfully, things got resolved by the end of that surreal day, and the city slowly regained normalcy throughout the weekend.

On Sunday, I packed my bags and hopped onto a bus headed for Vermont.

And I am so, so glad I decided to come.
_X1C4694
Vermont is gorgeous. Spending a few days in the quiet, peaceful countryside learning how to bake was exactly what I needed to get over the previous week. It was relaxing, therapeutic, and lots of fun. Heck, even my aching wrists got better from the days of rest away from a computer.

I learned how to bake many, many things, and I can't wait to share them all with you. We'll start a baking series here on the blog which will highlight all the fun things I learned how to make.

For now, here's a tiny, photo-journalistic peek at what I did those two days in Vermont.

Enjoy this beautiful state!
_X1C4705
_DSC2000
_X1C4708
_X1C4574_X1C4576_DSC1967_DSC1972_X1C4656_X1C4610_X1C4639_DSC1978_DSC1985_X1C4614_DSC2010  _DSC2028
My fellow bloggers who also attended: Audra from The Baker ChickBrandy from Nutmeg NannyCarole from Heirloom MealsDavid from Spiced BlogErika from In Erika’s KitchenEva from  Adventures in CookingJennifer from Bake or BreakKate from Food BabblesKatie from Healthy Seasonal RecipesMarnely from Cooking with BooksRebecca from Foodie with Family, and Tara from Ladies’ Home Journal.

Disclaimer
King Arthur Flour provided the lodging, food, and activities for Blog & Bake™ 2013. I paid for my own transportation.

2 comments :