Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cafe Luna

tomato basil mozz
I love neighborhood cafes with excellent sandwiches, great ambiance, and other cool surprises, like mini cupcakes, pretzel bread, or the most awesome vanilla loaf ever.  Cafe Luna is not too far from my work place, and I just can't believe it's taken me this long to finally try out this place.

The City of Cambridge finally recently renovated the sidewalk in front of Cafe Luna, which means now there's tons of outdoor seating, which is a relief, as the cafe is super tiny inside.
Cafe Luna
I came here on one of those strange April afternoons when the weather hit close to ninety degrees.  It was awesome - the entire city of Boston seemed to be outside, desperately trying to soak in as much sunshine as possible in between our crazy rainfalls that we have been getting.
CafeLuna
Cafe Luna offers a great assortment of sandwiches.  You can make your own, or choose from a huge list of pre-designed sandwiches.  This place is very vegetarian friendly, and there are several tasty and unique vegetarian sandwich options.  Most items on the menu cost between $7.95 and $8.95, and include either a side salad or chips.
Artichoke, Sundried Tomato, pesto
This is the sandwich I got - an artichoke, sundried tomato, pesto, and fresh mozarella. Vegetarian, healthy, and delicious!

They use fresh baked bread from Iggy's, and they also offer a variety of pastries.  Apparently, the brunch is amazing, so I'll have to try that next time!  For now, I'm super pleased that I have a place like this walking distance from my workplace!
Cafe Luna
Cafe Luna
403 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02139
La Luna Caffe on Urbanspoon

10 comments :

  1. Wish a place like this existed in Paris! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sandwiches look amazing! A vegetarian sandwich that a carnivore finds satisfying is a true gem. This place must be good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, i went there for brunch recently and it was fabulous! i was eyeing the sandwiches, too, so now i need to go back and try some of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jentinyurbankitchenMay 18, 2010 at 8:33 AM

    You have the most AMAZING cafes in Paris that don't compare to anything here. I'll take a Parisian cafe any day in exchange for one of our sandwich shops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha well yes that's true, but the sandwiches aren't very original and most are lathered in mayo or butter! I like healthier options, and healthy options here mean forking up a lot more money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That artichoke sammy is calling out to me. It's saying, "You need me. You do!'' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cafe Luna is pretty close to where I work too. Love their sandwiches, especially the one you got! That's what I usually order. And the balsamic dressing that comes with the salad is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is another good looking place I will go to when I come visit my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey we were just there last sunday! I like their sandwiches and the outdoor sitting area. I'll try the artichoke one next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cafe Luna just opened when I moved away. I'm so glad they're doing well! I wish I could find a sandwich like that in Beijing – just look at the holes in that bread!

    ReplyDelete