Thursday, May 6, 2010

Non-food Reflections on Washington DC

I've spent a week talking about food in DC, but of course, there is so much more to DC than just the food. Here's some non-food related snapshots from our 4-day trip of DC.
Cherry Blossoms
It was the peak of the cherry blossom season.
Capitol Building
A different view of the Capitol Building Rotunda.
CapitolBuildingStatues
Some famous statues inside the Capitol building. The Ronald Reagan statue was just unveiled in June, 2009.
_MG_3321
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum: we mourned the loss of Pluto in all the diagrams and models.
Washington DC panorama
Enjoying snickerdoodles from Dean & Deluca on the rooftop of Bryan's sister's apartment.
IMG_2652
Look! Fireworks!
Arlington National Cemetary
Easter Sunrise Service at Arlington National Cemetery.
Arlington National Cemetary Flowers
Arlington National Cemetery, after sunrise.
JFK Arlington National Cemegary
John F. Kennedy's grave site at Arlington National Cemetery.
Arlington National Cemetary
Arlington National Cemetery
----------------------------
This post is part of the larger Washington DC Eats Series. Other post(s) in this series:
Ceiba
Granville Moore's
Il Canale
Ben's Chili Bowl

3 comments :

  1. I found your blog through a friend, and I love it! I just moved to Boston from DC, so it was really exciting to see your adventures in my hometown! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tinyurbankitchenMay 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM

    Welcome to Boston! Hope you're finding the food reviews helpful. There's tons of good food in DC, and unfortunately I was only there for a few days so I didn't have a chance to try too many places! Until next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say one thing -- your photos are STUNNING. I wish I were you. :)

    ReplyDelete