Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year! Top 10 Posts of 2010

pizza flags
 Happy 2011!

What did you do for New Years this year? Since Bryan and I have been traveling like crazy (just came back from flying cross country visiting both sets of parents for the holidays and are on our way to Las Vegas tomorrow!!!), we decided to take it easy and just hang out at home.

I absolutely cannot believe it's 2011 already!

In some ways, it really feels like this year has totally flown by. In another sense, I also feel like I have come so far since the same time last year.

Highlights of this year?



Roasted Brussels Sprouts Kabocha Squash

Well, participating in and ultimating winning Project Food Blog was definitely incredible. The challenges were difficult but really fun. I really appreciate all the new friendships that I made.

I also loved my trip to Napa Valley where, on behalf of Foodbuzz, I covered the 8th Annual S. Pellegrino Almost Famous Chef Competition. Having never been to Napa Valley, I totally enjoyed this first visit. As a bonus? At the very last minute, The French Laundry had a cancellation, which meant we scored a reservation for dinner there! 

Boston Veggies Inside Out Apple Pie

Travel
Bryan and I traveled a lot this past year. Many of these excursions included some excellent eating opportunities! On top of the Napa Valley trip in March, we also tried several celebrity chef restaurants in Las Vegas in January and sampled some of New York's best restaurants in February, including Thomas Keller's flagship East Coast restaurant.
Fish Tacos Hand Pulled Noodles
 In April we visited Bryan's sister in Washington D.C. We were so fortunate to arrive right during the heart of cherry blossom season! We also tried some pretty cool and famous eats there.

After all that traveling, I actually stayed put in Boston for the entire summer (a time when the rest of the world is traveling!). It was exciting to be featured on CNN back in June. I also signed up for a farm share, which has been quite interesting as I have been discovering new vegetables week after week!

Red Bean Mochi Wheatberry Salad

 Throughout the fall, Project Food Blog took over my life. Despite all that, I still somehow managed to visit Japan and China a couple times (the China blog series is still ongoing).

I love to travel, and seldom do I have the opportunity to travel so much in one year.

So I'm very very thankful.
oven roasted chicken

It's been a really really good year.

Here's to 2011.

Happy New Year to all!

If you haven't noticed, the pictures point to the top 10 posts (based on traffic) from 2010. 

No comments :

Post a Comment