Monday, June 29, 2009

Bouchon Macarons

I received a present from Bryan from his trip in New York! What could be inside that box?

I know Bouchon is a famous bakery cafe opened by Thomas Keller, one of the most famous chefs in America.I excitedly opened the box.Could it be???

Are they French macarons? (not to be confused with the unrelated coconut cookie, the macaroons). I love French macarons! (uhh . . just look at my profile pic) There were three different flavors - vanilla creme, blueberry cheesecake, and caramel. The person who worked at the bakery said they would last 2 days in the refrigerator. Up to this point, they had only sat on an airplane for about an hour. I quickly tasted each one. Mmmmm . . .
Man, were they good. My favorite was the vanilla creme, with the caramel a close second. I had to stop myself from eating all three in one sitting (well, except for the blueberry cheesecake one, which I actually thought was too sweet).

If only I didn't have to go all the way to New York to get these . . . .

Just to let you know - I've made plans with a friend to try making French macarons pretty soon. I'll post the results of that experiment, probably sometime in the next two weeks. Meanwhile, you can enjoy this post from the Cooking of Joy.

Update!  I've made the french macarons!

Bouchon Bakery on Urbanspoon

6 comments :

  1. Ooh, are you going to try to do the French or Italian meringue? And what flavors are you going to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, are you going to try to do the French or Italian meringue? And what flavors are you going to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh!!!
    aren't they amazing?! the pistachio one is super yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh!!!
    aren't they amazing?! the pistachio one is super yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got the exact same three macarons from bouchon last week! i thought the blueberry cheesecake one was a bit much as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i got the exact same three macarons from bouchon last week! i thought the blueberry cheesecake one was a bit much as well...

    ReplyDelete